Spot recharge with Schuko connectors for motorcycles and quick recharge with Chademo, CCS and Mennekes connectors for cars.
Normal recharge with Schuko and Mennekes connectors for motorcycles and electric cars.
Advantages of having an electric car in Barcelona
- 75% rebate on the mechanically powered vehicle tax.
- Free vehicle registration.
- Free to use VAO lanes.
- Exempt from paying tolls on motorways belonging to the Government of Catalonia (ecoviaT).
- Free parking for cars in blue and green AREA parking places, keeping to the maximum parking times and regulated hours. Except for residents’ parking spaces and reserved spaces (people with reduced mobility, administration, bus, police, etc.).
- A subsidy of 50% is given for installing charging points in buildings built before 1981.
(*) The card does not allow users to park in spaces exclusively for local residents.
Barcelona backs electric mobility
The advantages of electric mobility are particularly felt in three spheres: energy, environment, economy.
- Energy advantages: greater energy efficiency, reduced dependence on fossil fuels and the integrated use of renewable energies.
- Environmental advantages: no polluting emissions and less noise pollution.
- Economic advantages: consolidates an innovative industrial sector, contributes to territorial balance, speeds up the development of smart energy grids and enables connectivity and interaction with ICTs.